That was my 1st day in 6th standard.I was
in a happy mood for meeting friends after a 2 months gap.I was wearing a new
frock which my big mummy bought from usa,a black coloured with a small white
design throughout , with a wide neck and 2 knots on both side of the frock to
tighten the dress.When we met,we talked about the letter which meera posted us
during the vacation time.She posted the letter to me,keerthy and remya.That was
the 1st personal letter we were receiving
so were in an exciting mood to discuss about that letter.During that
conversation meera asked me ‘where did you buy the dress?’.I told her about the
2 trolly full of dresses that big mummy bought fo me.She was wondering and
told in general-‘God always gives new dresses to those who have many and not giving
to me like poor people.I felt a little uneasy and i prayed him in mind’God
please don’t listen to her,give me again’.
We were standing outside.We saw a teacher
coming targetting to our class.The last bell to enter the class rang.We entered
quickly and i seated at the 1st side bench.Keerthy was sitting next
to me.Meera got into the 2nd last bench with remya.We didn’t get the
time to arrange the space to sit together.The teacher entered the class-‘Good
morning teacher’ the whole class wished her.The bell rang for prayer.After the
prayer she took the attendance and we were told to keep quiet.Then she started
talking about the curriculum we were going to cover that year.She introduced
herself as our new malayalam teacher.She was good looking,fair with long hair.Her
voice was too noticable that it was so blared.I saw a dark line at the middle
of her nose like a boundary line that seperates the wider and thinner part.While
i was thinking about how that line formed at the middle of her nose,i noticed
her left eye blinking.I told this to keerthy.We together started staring to
her eyes.When she walked towards the side bench facing us,we saw her left eye
closing while her right eye was looking us.That was the symbol of love for school
students.We laughed hiding our mouth portion.The teacher saw us laughing even
we covered our mouth portion with hands.she told us to stop laughing.That
teacher didn’t like me.She looked at me each time with a dissatisfaction.She
might have understood that we were whispering about her.She got seated , asked
the class to keep silent and she enterd into some work.I tried to imitate her
voice with a purposeful left eye blink.Friends seated near to me laughed ,a
sort of satisfaction was there on my face that everybody liked my performance.Teacher
looked at our area from where the disturbance was occuring.Without thinking much
she told me to stand facing the whole class.Everyone stopped laughing.I got out
from my bench and stood infront of the class.Teacher commented on me”Did your
parents drop you here due to your disturbance at home?”.Hmm i stood silently.I looked
at meera’s bench since i heard a sound from that side.I saw meera’s effort to
stop her laughing.She filled her mouth with her handkerchief to control her
laugh not to be heard by the teacher while looking at me.Meera liked teacher’s
comment on me.A sudden smile came to my face while seeing this.I bent my head.Teacher
saw me smiling again.She stared at me from bottom to top and commented’sheesh
what a dress’in a funny tone.A loud laugh heard in the class then.That was
meera.She lost her control.Her handkerchief jumped out from her mouth,a non
stop laughter.Even she was caught she continued laughing as if she was out of
control without listening to teacher or the surroundings.Teacher told her to
stand outside the class.While standing outside she looked at me,we both passed
eachother a soundless laugh with love.

nice 1 am proud of u..
ReplyDeleteawww bajaj
ReplyDelete